Boat Care Info Part 7: You and your crew
We’re all about keeping you safe on the water. With more and more people wanting to get out on their boats, you need to make sure that your vessel is in good condition before you set sail.
The guys at Islands Insurance have put together some great advice, which we’d like to share with you all. Follow the Boat Owners checklist series here.
Before setting off, make sure that you and your crew know the following:
- Where the safety equipment, emergency kit, electronics and other devices are
- What the engine temperature is so that you can ensure it’s not overheating
- Your safety procedures – if you or your crew haven’t gone on a safety course, then consider enrolling on one
- If there have been changes to buoyage and channels – winter storms often mean shifts
- What your safe launching practices are
#JLA #lifeboat #jerseychannelislands #keepingeveryonesafe #yourboat