The guys at Islands Insurance have put together some great advice, which we’d like to share with you all.
Follow the Boat Owners checklist series here.
Part 4: Below Decks – Keeping Safe in the Water
It’s important to make sure that your boat is sea-worthy below decks as much as it is above them. Here are a few things you should check.
Make sure that your head is:
- Lubricated and cleaned as necessary
- If equipped with treatment system, have chemicals on-hand<
- Y-valve operation with the valve labelled and secure
Check your water system by:
- Flushing the water tank
- Checking the water system and pump for leaks
- Checking hot water tank is working on both AC and engines
- Ensuring the tank cap keys are on-board
- Cleaning the shower sump pump screens
In the galley:
- Fill the propane tanks
- Check the electric and manual valves
- Make sure the storage box vent is clear
- Clean the fridge and check it operates on AC and DC
- Clean the stove and check that all burners and oven are working
#JLA #lifeboat #jerseychannelislands #keepingeveryonesafe #yourboat